Building relationships with your nonprofit donors, volunteers and community is important. One of the best ways to cultivate that relationship is through a newsletter.
Email newsletters allow you to share updates, success stories, international news, and more with people who care about your mission and cause. It also gives you a way to soft sell and cross promote, giving you more marketing leverage.
5 Nonprofit Newsletter Tips
So whether you’re nonprofit is thinking about starting a newsletter or just needs ideas to re-vamp the layout and articles, here are some tips to get you started!
- Provide Updates About Your Organization – Reach a goal? Holding an event? Share these updates with your newsletter subscribers! Getting your audience involved in what is happening is one of the best ways to keep them interested… and donating.
- Share Success Stories – Donors want to see how their donations are helping your cause succeed. Include photos and articles that showcase the great work you’re doing and how it’s impacting the community. Not only does this help with donor retention, but also shows your volunteers how their time and efforts are contributing to the overall mission.
- Share Newsworthy Articles – Is there something happening in the news that relates to your mission or cause? If so, share it! Even if it’s not written by you, it still shows your subscribers how your organization’s work impacts people across the world, providing them with valuable information and another reason to donate to your cause.
- Add Social Sharing Buttons – Include links that allow subscribers to share your newsletter via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and email. The more people who read your newsletter, the more exposure you’ll receive.
- Create a Newsletter Schedule – Maintaining a consistent newsletter schedule is important in order to retain and make an impact. So whether you’re distributing a newsletter weekly, bi-weekly or monthly make sure you’re consistent on the day and time you send. Set email and/or calendar reminders to help you plan and stay on schedule.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (located in the sidebar) for more tips on nonprofit accounting software, fundraising tips and company news!
Capital Business Solutions is a recognized leader in providing nonprofit accounting software and nonprofit fundraising software to nonprofit and private-sector organizations throughout the United States. Learn more by calling 877-889-0629 or filling out our online contact form.