Anyone out there with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Experience?
One of our Clients is looking for some help. Check out the listing below.
Johnston Community College
Job Title: Advancement Services Specialist
Department: The College Foundation
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Prepared Date: April 2018
Salary: $42,662 – $63,993
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $42,662 – $53,328
Provides technical and administrative support services for the College Foundation, particularly with regard to donor records/stewardship, prospect research, scholarships, accountability, communications and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages various databases for Foundation including Raiser’s Edge donor database, and the Academic Works scholarship database.
- Establishes and maintains database controls and protocols to ensure confidentiality and reliability of data across platforms.
- Designs and maintains web-based database services, including online donations, custom forms, and program applications.
- Implements global changes, periodic imports/exports, data cleaning and other global database functions.
- Supports development staff and leadership by producing custom reports and training staff on running reoccurring reports and queries
- Evaluates and manages contracts and acts as liaison with all technology and programmatic partners
- Ensures the ongoing maintenance of information systems and infrastructure; makes recommendations regarding products, systems or technology necessary to meet current and future needs
- Identifies, develops, implements, and maintains database policies and procedures related to all fundraising activities ensuring the integrity and security of database information.
- Arranges and recommends Raiser’s Edge training for staff and volunteers, as needed
- Acts as lead liaison for Raiser’s Edge software and contracts
- Works with senior leadership on the development of measurable outcomes and reporting processes and the maintenance of the Foundation’s Institutional Effectiveness reporting
- Utilize database to compose, prepare, and transmit confidential and sensitive information in support of campaigns, appeals, direct mailings, special events, and donor relations.
- Maintain physical confidential gift records and donor management files and acts as data migration coordinator.
- Acts a liaison between College and Foundation staff to import data in support of all alumni engagement initiatives.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research and data anaylitics around gift, constituent, and scholarship data.
- Manages the student scholarship program
- Acts as lead liaison for Academic Works software and contracts
- Serves as Administrator of the Academic Works Software to implement and maintain software system in conjuction with the Foundation staff and Financial Aid staff.
- Inputs information regarding scholarships into the Academic Works Software including scholarship criteria, award amounts, post-acceptance applications, internal communications and donor/scholarhship profiles.
- Oversees scholarship communications involving students, Financial Aid, Foundation Staff, and other College Faculty/Staff in relation to scholarship applications and award processes.
- Conducts training and provides technical support for staff and volunteers working in the donor and scholarship databases
- Assists leadership and development staff in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fundraising initiatives
- Promotes regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to provide feedback on program operations
- Ensures program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of the Foundation
- Works with related staff to ensure administrative functions related to the smooth operation of programs, services and data management is maintained
- Works with Foundation leadership to develop and maintain policies and procedures to improve Foundation operations
- Provides programmatic input for strategic planning processes with senior leadership and staff
- Interfaces with Accounting, Compliance, and Operations staff regarding gift entry, gift posting, fund creation, gift restrictions, fund reconciliations, and audit reporting.
- Generates correspondence and other communications for gift acknowledgement/recognition.
- Serves as Administrator of the Raiser’s Edge Donor Management Software and Blackbaud products, including data entry, data output, and training of advancement team members.
- Provides full services support for comprehensive campaigns, appeals, and other programming of the College/Foundation including tracking next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation management and reporting.
- Provides creative asset development and dissemination of College Foundation communications, including digital communications, direct mailings, and other information and promotional materials and pieces.
- Develops, implements, and manages the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, with strong emphasis on major gifts prospect management.
- Develops donor prospect lists and analyzes current donor prospect lists for cultivation and solicitation.
- Acts as liaison for the Executive Director with contacts from within and outside the Foundation.
- Prepares packets for constituent visits.
- Facilitates special event registration and execution; serves an main assistant and support for all special events for the Foundation.
- Maintains ethical performance and integrity in every enterprise and regarding all professional and personal relations, building trust and confidence in the College Foundation.
- Keeps abreast of computer/technology skills as related to position.
- Provides assurances of courteous, customer-oriented support services to students, faculty, staff, patrons and the general public; adhere to the Core Values of the Foundation.
- Performs administrative support duties, as assigned and appropriate, by the Executive Director, or office designees, in addition to delineated responsibilities.
- Assist with recording all foundation board and committee meeting minutes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of work study students and student ambassadors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: Bachelor Degree
Minimum: Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in with database management, program administration, and nonprofit information systems and infrastructure.
Preferred: Expereince in higher education. Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Contact: Dr. Twyla Casey Wells, Executive Director, Johnston Community College Foundation, Inc. 919-209-2119 or email.
P.O. Box 2350, 245 College Road, Smithfield, NC 27577