Anyone out there with Blackbaud Experience?
Greenwich Country Day School seeks an experienced Database Administrator – See Below For Details
The Greenwich Country Day School seeks an experienced Database Administrator for a newly created role. The DBA will work closely with all academic and administrative offices to analyze, develop, implement, and maintain information system solutions, applications, and practices for effective management of student, financial, and fundraising data. This position will provide leadership in operating processes and data architecture.
The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of the school’s mission and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality, an appreciation of the educational process for elementary aged children, and respect for those who support this work. He/she holds a bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years of experience working with MS SQL Server databases. He/she presents effective interpersonal and presentation skills, the ability and desire to work collaboratively on projects with cross-functional team members, and demonstrates excellent problem-solving and technical skills to support end users’ output and training needs. A ‘can do’ attitude and hands-on approach are both key for success in this critical role.
- Maintain integrity of the databases through regular monitoring and error correction and data clean-up.
- Revise or realign, as necessary, the structure of the school’s data in its existing software.
- Develop and maintain the structure of attributes, code tables, and all other setup functions.
- Develop, implement, and document data entry policies and procedures for all database users.
- Perform maintenance procedures, including routine database clean-up and updates both on the database engines and their client workstations.
- Proactively manage the system user accounts and security.
- Coordinate regular synchronization of information between applications using APIs, scripts, or imports and exports.
- Create custom reports using various tools, such as Crystal Reports, based on user requirements and goals.
- Regularly assess staff training needs and provide both training and on-going support, enabling staff to use the software effectively and maintain data accuracy.
- Plan and maintain backup and recovery of database information.
- Ensure database security.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and systems process.
- Oversee auditing of current databases, as well as the research, selection, and implementation of any new database systems to facilitate best practices, data integrity, and successful data management practices that benefit both the school’s primary constituents (students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, prospective families and faculty/staff) and internal database users.
- Assist administrative and academic offices in creating queries, exports, imports, and mailing lists, and designing effective output reports.
- Support administrative and academic offices in key database functions such as scheduling, report cards, billing, school directories, and MIS projects.
- Oversee data management and procedures for school email distribution lists.
- Facilitate database connection with website and other applications.
- Work closely with administrative departments including Admissions and Human Resources, Technology, Business, Communications, Alumni and Development, Headmaster’s Office, Nurse’s Office, Parents Association, and academic divisions to build and manage online forms and data collection for admissions, enrollment, employment, event registration, donations, student and parent information, and medical information.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational database theory and management systems.
- Experience administering, reporting, and querying databases such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Education Edge; Veracross; MySQL; and Oracle.
- MS SQL Server Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server performance tuning and server monitoring utilities.
- Advanced knowledge in custom reporting tools such as Crystal Reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge of online forms.
- Ability to work with scripts, APIs, and data importing/exporting to synchronize information between applications.
- Understanding of web-based data collection.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- LDAP experience.
- Familiarity with a school environment and with Blackbaud’s Education Edge and Raiser’s Edge products preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Human Resources