There are 34 days left until #GivingTuesday this year. And that means there’s still plenty of time to plan a well-executed Giving Tuesday event.
Why should you prep for Giving Tuesday?
Well, last year the average donation was $154 – and with a well-executed strategy you could greatly increase that number to your own organization.
Quick #GivingTuesday Strategies for Your Nonprofit
This year, Giving Tuesday is November 28, 2017. Use the strategies below to organize a
Let everyone know you’re participating!
The world won’t know you’re participating in #GivingTuesday if you don’t tell them.
- Join the #GivingTuesday movement – Sign up to participate in #GivingTuesday here.
- Share on social media – Tell your fans and followers to save the date and why they should help you meet your fundraising goal.
Make it easy for people to donate
If it’s hard for people to donate to your cause, they’ll be less likely to do so. That’s why it’s important to make sure your landing pages, and any other place you accept donations, are user-friendly. Some things you should do:
- Use the donate button on your Facebook page. Donors can easily click to donate right from within their Facebook page or app.
- Test your landing pages to make sure the donation process is simple and easy.
- Look into mobile/text donating.
What’s the cause?
Thousands of nonprofits will participate in #GivingTuesday. How are you going to set yours apart?
- Share what you’re going to do with your donations! Are you trying to build a structure, provide resources, or help someone in need?
- Will you do anything special if you meet your goal? And if so, is it something memorable? When DoSomething met their $1 million fundraising goal, they put their COO and CEO in a dunk tank and dunked them. Definitely something to remember!
Share donor testimonial videos
Videos are great ways to engage prospective and current donors. And using them on #GivingTuesday can help you generate more interest in your organization and cause, which will hopefully translate into more donations.
- Use on social media – Videos are great engagement drivers on social media. Share them throughout the day to show just how much people love your cause.
Have a main go to person for the day-of
#GivingTuesday is a big day for your nonprofit. You’ll be running digital campaigns, mobile campaigns, analyzing data to share, and monitoring your fund accounting and fundraising software.
And while you have a team to help you do all this, it’s best to appoint a go-to person to help streamline and oversee all the activities and questions.
This person should:
- Help keep things organized
- Take care of last minute details
- Put out any fires throughout the day
- Share status updates so the whole team knows how the day is going
- Report on the success of the day to management and/or your board of directors
We hope these tips will help you surpass last year’s #GivingTuesday’s stats or kick off your first #GivingTuesday with a bang. What other things can you do to prep for the big day? Share your tips by tweeting at us @CapitalBusiness!