The holidays are the perfect time to show your volunteers just how much you appreciate their time and dedication. Take a look at our list of the top 25 ways you can recognize your volunteers throughout the holiday season.
Ways to Thank Your Volunteers this Holiday Season
- Send a letter of recognition and thanks
- Give out certificates to commemorate volunteer anniversaries
- Host a special volunteers luncheon or dinner
- Provide snacks and drinks while your volunteers work
- Share photos of volunteers on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Give volunteers VIP parking on days they work
- Start a Volunteer Community Awards and let your volunteers nominate and vote
- Give your volunteers insight into the bigger picture and how they’re contributing
- Feature your volunteers on your website or blog
- Put up a volunteers notice board in the office
- Recommend volunteers to prospective employers
- Send birthday cards to your volunteers
- Allow volunteers to get involved and take on more responsibilities
- Do something nice for the families of your volunteers
- If you work with children, have them make gifts for your volunteers
- Feature a volunteer in your email newsletter
- Ask volunteers for their opinion and advice on program changes or policy updates
- Call volunteers when they’re sick or out for an extended period of time
- Allow experienced volunteers to train your new volunteers
- Make a donation to a volunteer’s choice
- Give out coupons or vouchers to local businesses
- Host a car wash and wash your volunteers’ cars
- Publicly recognize your volunteers at a meeting
- Give them team t-shirts!
- Take volunteers out to lunch every week and get to know them!
Your volunteers are critical to the success of your organization. It’s important to help them feel empowered to do their job and do it well. Make sure your paid employees know how valuable your volunteers are and how they should make volunteers feel welcome and part of the team.